Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bottling Peaches and making bread

It has a been a long time since I haved blogged I am sorry. But here it goes. So I decided to try and save us some money and I am now making my own whole wheat bread. My first time making the bread wasn't that great the bread was really over done but sweet Cory said that it tasted really good and seems to be really supportive of my attempt. Then I decided that I was going to buy some peaches this year from a lady in our ward. I didn't want to make freezer jam considering that I still have plenty if anyone wants any from last year. So I decided to learn how to bottle. My Aunt came over and taught me how. So now I have 11 bottles of peaches. They are pretty good I must say so myself.
My next attempt at bottling is going to be making my own dill pickles. I hope I can handle that. But with how prices are going up I am trying to become more of a home maker. i am hoping that next year I will be able to get my garden planted then I will grow some of the vegetables that I want. I do have to say though I do have tomatoe plants and all of my tomatoes are starting to turn red. They are really good. So I hope you all enjoy my experience of bottling my peaches and making bread.

7 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

YAY!! I did the bottling peaches thing too and was so proud of myself! I feel so domestic :)

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

yeah for you!! I just hope to get some more tomatoes bottled they are so very very yummy!!

Ginger said...

That is so good of you to do all of that. I love peaches. Homemade bread is wonderful too. Do you have a bread maker or are you doing it the old fashioned way. Hopefully it is with the bread maker. The really homemade version is a pain!

Just me n Hay said...

Brian was way excited that I was cool enough to get a bottle of your peaches!!! He stuck them in the fridge cuz he likes them cold. :0) I'm jealous of the bread and bottling stuff. I might just have to follow suit!

FAB SIX said...

I love making homemade bread. Bottling is awesome also. I have tons of recipies and can teach you anything you would like to know (just ask). I spent time learning from my mom and then learning even more from my mother-in-law.

The yard looks awesome! We will have to get together and roll around on the nice grass.

Hugs!

Brock and Kimber said...

Way to go!!! I am impressed with your attempts at canning and bread making. I recently started making my own bread and it seems to be getting easier and tasting better.

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

um... Adie got peaches??? you are so busted...